Saturday, August 23, 2008

Vinnie Loses His Strength

It seems a lot has happened since our last post. I'll start with last weekend.

Lezlie and I decided it would be a good idea to get away together. Maya is now almost one year old and we had never both left her for more than a day. So, we decided it would be easy to just drop Maya home with the grandparents and then make a quick getaway to the Lake of the Ozarks. Of course, both sets of grandparents were happy to take her off our hands.

We ended up staying at the Resort of Port Arrowhead. I don't have much to compare it to, but we were both satisfied. It was very convenient to everything--the outlets and eateries very close by. The first night we had no idea where we were going but I seemed to remember where one restaurant overlooking the lake was--Dog Days. We ate outside and then settled near their live entertainment.


The second day we actually got to sleep in. A year ago, I wouldn't have called 8am sleeping in but nowadays, it is. We did a little shopping, laid out at the pool, and then went to the movies to see Tropic Thunder. That night, we decided to go to the Horny Toad. It was fairly impressive but we definitely enjoyed Dog Days more. It was just a little more casual.

On Sunday morning, I don't think I have ever seen Lezlie get up so fast. Actually, she was so fast I didn't even hear her get up. All I remember is "Get up, I wanna go get my baby." So, we raced out of town by 9am.

When we got home, Maya was still at church with Grammy and Lezlie and I paced and paced. And of course, she was asleep upon arriving. We let her sleep a little bit but finally Lezlie just woke her up. Let me just say, it didn't take her long to figure out who had her. It was definitely good to see her smile again.

Thanks a lot to the grandparents!! As much as Lezlie and I missed Maya at the end of the weekend, we both agreed we need to get away more often. It was kind of like recharging our batteries.

If you got to see her this past weekend, you probably saw that she now waves. Sometimes it's just random but she does associate bye-bye with it pretty good.
And, we finally got her to stand up on camera. I just had to entice her with a little beer...
You're probably wondering about the title about now, aren't you? Well, Lezlie has been getting sick of vacuuming and finding Vinnie's hair everywhere in the house. So, we decided to give him a full haircut. I know, you may have saw pictures awhile back but that was only a trim. This time, we got the electric clippers out. I bet he lost a couple pounds after we were done.

Daddy got a little out of control. Thinking the the clippers weren't working, stupid me took the guard off and just went to town. Well, they worked. Oops!! His new nickname is "Stripe."

It kinda reminds of high school when I let Nick Vilelle shave my head. In the middle of it, the guard slipped off. Everyone called me "Notch" for a couple weeks. At least it grows back. But now, he looks a little funny. But, he seems to have taken it pretty well--no moping around. Let's just hope he stops shedding as much.

4 comments:

Kimberly & Jeovany Marimon said...

That was a really fun post. You have such sweet childREN!!! Love ya, see you all in a few weeks at the "worlds fair!"

KIM

Minnie said...

I think Maya will be taking her first steps before to much longer. It doesn't seem like she should already be turning one year old. We enjoyed having her over the weekend. She just could not stop smiling for her Papa. Every time she looked at him she had the biggest grin on her face.
Love, MINNIE

Susan said...

So good to see an update from you guys--love Vinnie's new haircut! I'm glad you had fun on your weekend away (you were going to make us start feeling guilty if you didn't take one soon, so we're glad you did :) hee hee hee).

Susan said...

By the way--Olivia thinks that everyone of your pictures should contain video :) She keeps saying "play this one; play this one..."