A busy weekend it was!! Since Maya's birthday was so close to the Cole Camp fair, we decided to have the first big birthday party in town. Lezlie went gung-ho on the decorations. Can you guess what color she decorated in? Pink, what a surprise. Anyway, everything looked great. And, I actually liked the cake and it was store bought. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
Maya was blessed to get a good mix of toys and clothes. We sure did need some fall/winter clothes for her and we got plenty. We actually only had a few outfits for the chilly weekend. And, Daddy was very happy to see some saving bonds and cash. That will all go in her college fund. Thank you all for the gifts.
Here are some pictures of the cake incident. She didn't quite know what to think of it at first. But, it didn't take her long to figure it out. Surprisingly, she didn't eat much. She was more interested in squishing the cake.
On Tuesday (her official birthday), Tommy and Julie came over for another small party. As great as Maya's gifts from her big birthday party were, Tommy and Julie's gift was definitely her favorite. It is half push-toy, half car. And, since having it, we have noticed a considerable difference in how much she walks. I think she needed a boost in confidence and pushing this around did the trick.
1 comment:
I can't believe she's already 1!!! It was great to see her this weekend (and you all too). I'm glad you could make it.
Post a Comment