Just wanted to update everybody after our appointment. Our big boy weighs a whole 1 lb, 2 oz. At least that is what they measured. To me, that sounds small but they said it's normal. I guess the growth rate really accelerates near the end. The heartbeat was 140 which is normal also.
While we were watching him during the ultrasound, we could see him take big gulps of the amniotic fluid. Not long after, we could see him hiccuping. Then, the nurse explained to us that the amniotic fluid is actually a mixture of the baby's own urine. I know I've been through this before but this whole birth thing still amazes me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the whole "baby's own urine" and the "gulping"....ugggggg!!!!!! You just had to go into detail...lol. Yes, I have had one, but I guess I chose not to think about what she was "gulping" on!! Glad things are going good and he is growing like he should. Give Lezlie a big hug and a kiss on her belly from Jazzy. Take care! Love you all!
Post a Comment