Well, we decided to have a mini-birthday party on Ben's birthday party with cupcakes for Mommy, Daddy, Maya, and Ben. We quickly learned that Ben does not like icing. He went ballistic because he could not get the icing off of his fingers. I don't know where he gets his cleanliness from. It's surely not me. I have a hard time eating lunch without dribbling something on my shirt. But, maybe it is just the new feeling/sensation of stickiness.
Not thinking, we also scheduled his 1 year doctor's appointment on his birthday (like he really knows). But anyway, he had to get his finger pricked and get a couple shots. I was dreading the finger prick since I've had bad experiences with those. But, he didn't even flinch. However, when they wrapped his finger with a band-aid, he went ballistic again. So, maybe he's just a little finicky about having things stuck to his fingers.
Ben's birthday party was on the Saturday after Ben's birthday. Lezlie and I decided that it would be a great idea to have sandwiches and chili. Sounded like a good idea, but we didn't bother looking at the weather. And of course, it ended up being in the 80s. But, everyone said they enjoyed the food even with the odd fall weather.
Because Ben has spent most of his first year playing with babies, batons, and doll houses, I made sure to tell everyone to get him some "manly" toys. And so he did. He got several trucks, a helicopter, and many other toys. To be honest, we haven't even opened them all yet. We like to stuff several of them in the closet for those times where we need some cheering up. Then, it is perceived like we are the best parents because we bring presents out of thin air.
Since he had the problem with the cupcake a few days earlier, Ben was smart enough that he didn't even really try to dig his hands into his birthday cake. We tried to shove some in his mouth but he would have nothing of it. But, he would take a spoon and attempted to eat the cake with it. Again, I don't know where he gets this from.
Thank you all for coming up to celebrate!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment