Friday, June 20, 2008

Climbing the Mountain

Here's Maya's latest. I'm guessing we shouldn't be encouraging these kind of things?? But, it's fun to see her learn how to do new things.


Father's Day was great. Lezlie cooked me my favorite breakfast (bacon and eggs) in the morning. And ah...the gift. It may sound weird but I've been wanting a deep fryer for quite awhile. But, we always thought we would misuse it and each die young. But, we've vowed to keep it's use to a minimum. I plan on making some hot wings this weekend. Anyway, we went to church, Maya sung her usual tune, and then came home and each spent some time in the baby pool.After playing in the pool, we all took a nap. I think this was the biggest treat of all. Then, we made way to Dairy Queen to finish out my first Father's Day.

Back to Maya...she is growing up real fast. I don't have anyone to compare her to but I don't think it will be long before she's walking. She continues to crawl over everything. I don't think she has figured out how to go around obstacles. Then, the whole stair thing...I guess we'll have to keep an eye on that. She can walk along the couch too. And, she continues to get into stuff she's not supposed to--Daddy's computer, dog food, dog hair, dog food, and more dog food. Who knows how much of the stuff she's already eaten? Come on, you can't keep your eye on her every second. At first, we started to say "no" to her a lot but a girl Lezlie works with who does "Parents as Teachers" says that she it too young to understand "no." And, if you overuse it at a young age, she won't understand it when it's serious (i.e. running out into the street). So, we continue to just pull her away. She tends to get a real kick out of that, just going right back to what we took her away from--with a "you can't catch me" smile of course.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Way to go, Maya!!! We all watched the video together. Olivia thought she looked like she was having fun in the pool and Josie wanted to watch her climb again. Looking forward to the walking! Have fun you two (just try and keep up with her).