Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trip to Springfield

Long time, no blog...

This past weekend, we made a trip down to our college town. Lezlie and I hadn't been there for a real visit in who knows how long. Maybe a year and a half?? So, we had that itch. And, it just so happened that the weekend we all (us and Tommy/Julie) decided to go down, it was homecoming. Lezlie and I made the trip early Friday afternoon hoping to beat the traffic. Well, we did and we had plenty of time to spare so we stopped by the ol' SMSU campus. I'm sorry, Missouri State campus. It was much of the same. There were lot of kids walking about with no care in the world--probably debating on what party they were going to that night. If only I were ten years younger... We tried to make it into the gift shop but they were closing as we walked in. So instead we glanced in the Union and then took a stroll over to Cheek Hall. Let me just say, that felt really weird. I don't know how to describe it.

Anyway, the real reason we came to Springfield was to visit with everyone in Springfield. We feel bad because it seems they always come to visit St. Louis but we never seem to come down south. We will make an effort to change this bad habit.

Friday night was pretty laid back. We went to Mexican Villa. I just had to get a Sancho!!! I don't know why--especially after what happened to John (short but disgusting story). They sure do have some cheap food. The lady only charged me 2 cents for us to eat. I don't know why I said anything. I guess I'm just too honest.

Saturday, the guys and the girls split up. The guys spent all day watching football which sucked because all of our teams lost. The girls went to Jessica's parents to swim in their brand new pool. From the sounds of it, Jessica's mom latched on to Maya. I'm guessing she can't wait for Jaxson to come out. I think Lezlie spent most of her time making sure that Maya didn't get burnt because her back was burnt to a crisp. As you can see, Maya got pretty worn out.

Saturday night, we did BBQ at Mandy's new home. I'm not going to say anything about the Mizzou game. Erin and Chris came over with Rowan for a little playdate. It seems that Maya has lots of boyfriends. It was very interesting to see their differences. What amazed me the most is that Rowan was so quite. I just think Maya is the loudest child in the world...at least that's what they've said at daycare. I just wish Maya would eat as good as Rowan was. He sure was chowing down on those beans:)

After the long day, everyone called it quits pretty early. We just don't have it in us anymore, I guess. Well, it was good to see you all. We will have to do that more often. If only we could get Mr. Holmes back to visit with everyone...

No comments: