This past weekend, Lezlie and I were lucky to have Tommy and Julie babysit while we went to Riverport to watch Maroon 5, Counting Crows, and Augustana. All three bands were great. Augustana only played for 30-40 minutes, mainly because they're a new band. But, they were pretty good.
The Counting Crows were next. They were short band members because two of of the wives had just had babies. So, a couple of Augustana members played with them. Their lead singer was great--very personable with the crowd. Although, he did sweat a lot. I felt a little old singing Mr. Jones and Long December. It just seemed like the young teeny bopper crowd was wondering how I knew these songs.
The headliner was Maroon 5. Lezlie really wanted to see them. I originally wanted to go mainly to see the Counting Crows but have grown to love Maroon 5 also. It seems like we knew every song that they sang and they played for about an hour and a half. But, maybe that's because we've been listening to their record for the past 3 months. During their show, I started to feel young again since the teeny boppers were singing also. And hopefully Lezlie felt younger too. She needs it. The old lady is turning the big 3-0 in about a week!!!! Make sure you wish her a good one.
Maya has gotten better since the last post. She was only sick for the one day. She started coughing last night a little bit. I guess my tight ass is gonna have to turn on the heat:)
She's developed a little habit of hitting herself. Every so often she'll bump her head on something. Then, she'll stop and then do it a couple of more times. Who knows what's going on it that little head?
I'm still not too sure about this whole walking thing. The good thing is that you can put her down and she can entertain herself for a long time. The bad thing is that she often entertains herself with Vinnie's water dish, toilet paper, the basement stairs, and everything on Daddy's desk. But, it sure is cute when she runs into your arms.
2 comments:
That sounds like a great concert! I'm glad you got a night out :)
Happy Birthday TODAY!!!! LOVE ya, KIM
Post a Comment