Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Check One Off of My List

Have you ever felt you had so many things to do that you just decided to do nothing? Well, that is how I have felt lately. Clean the house, finish basement bedroom, trim trees, rake leaves, clean house, update blog, go to class, reorganize closet, etc. The other day I decided to write my own to-do list because that seems to be the only way I'll get something done. Well, it was pretty depressing. But, things seem to be slowing down at work so maybe I'll take some time off and get some of these done. Does that make sense? Use vacation hours to stay home and work? Oh my, I'm turning into my parents:)

Well, I did manage to get some yard work done this weekend. And, since it pretty nice outside Lezlie brought Maya out. Boy, does she love to explore. It sucks because we have the worst back yard for a toddler, being that it is at a 20-30 degree incline. So, you have to walk with her every step of the way. But, she is getting more sure of herself every day.She has slowly been becoming more independent but now she has reached the stage of pushing away, specifically when you try to hold her hand. But, today she was much better as I only grabbed her hand to help her over the many obstacles.

March is always the month of birthdays. Two weeks ago was Willa's birthday party. I am still amazed at her little personality around groups of people. I, myself, was quite an introverted person growing up. So, I guess she gets that from her mother. Of course, she rather enjoyed watching Jackie's dog Angelina run around. But, I'm guessing Angelina didn't feel the same way about her.
Last weekend was Jocelyn and Olivia's birthday party. Here, she had 6 bigger kids to chase and keep her eye on. I felt so sorry for her because she wanted to play so much with them. But, I soon learned she was satisfied just being around them all. I guess she just wanted to hang with the cool kids.I've had several comments about Maya's dance routine. I have more videos but need to get them off of the camcorder. I'll post one when I get a chance. Hopefully, it won't be long.

1 comment:

Kim Marimon said...

Love the one of her standing on the box....what a grin!!! She is growing up fast, HUH!!! Such a cutie! Can't wait to see you all again!!! We'll see you at Jodi's in a few weeks I hope.