Monday, May 4, 2009

We've Created a Monster

So, I think we've created a monster. Obviously, you have noticed that the weather has been getting much better the past few weeks. So, I began taking Maya outside to explore. Now, that seems to be the only thing she wants to do. Right when we walk in the door coming home from daycare, she points to the door and says "out........side." As bad as her pronunciation is, she has learned to pronounce this word very well.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for her playing outside. I am proud to say that to this day, she hasn't watched TV for longer than 1 minute in one sitting. We'd rather have her running around outside than sitting on her butt watching TV inside...which brings me to my problem--that is what I do. So, I guess I'll have to take up an outdoor hobby because I'm gonna be there all summer long. For now, I've been weeding the lawn while chasing Maya. And, she even tries to help but often just pulls up healthy grass. But, she does very well picking up sticks. I don't know why but she thinks it's the most fun thing in the world. I even brought out an old trash can that is her yard waste bucket. Now, if only they had a lawn mower her size...

1 comment:

Minnie said...

Now that my kind of girl! I would rather be outside too. Love Minnie