I just looked at my last post and realized it's almost been a month. A lot has happened. I'll start with our Rockaway Beach vacation.It was another great vacation/reunion at Rockaway Beach. I'm not sure what the official count was this year but I'm guessing around 50 people showed up at some point in time. Lezlie and I ended up going down on Monday but left Maya with my Mom and Dad. They ended up coming down Thursday morning. It was kind of hard to leave her as we had never been without her for more than 2 days. So of course, we were waiting at the door as my Mom and Dad drove up, just itching to get our hands on our little girl. She was all smiles as usual, but the toddler in her soon came out and she got bored of us and wanted to explore.
The rest of the week we did a lot of chasing, but we got a lot of help from family. Cousins Alyssa and Bailey helped out a bunch and were very reliable. And of course, Grandma and Grandpa helped out a lot too. Most of the time, Maya just wanted to swing. In total, I'm betting Lezlie and I spent a good solid 4 hours swinging Maya at the playground.
We went to the pool a couple times. We quickly learned that Maya would have nothing to do with her little lilly pad floating device. It was just too constrictive for an almost-two-year-old. I tried to take her out and swim with her. But again, this was just too constrictive. She wanted to swim herself. Obviously, I did not let her try. So, we settled for the kiddie pool. One of us sat in the pool and the other sat outside of the pool to ensure that she didn't take a b-line and dive in the big kid pool. Ah, the joys of chasing a toddler.
This seems to be the only way we can get Maya to smile for the camera. We don't say "cheese," we say "show your teeth." It may look a little fake but at least she's smiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment