This year, we decided to separate the birthday party from the fair. Instead, we had it the week before at our house. We knew that this would rule some people out because of the long drive. But, it was a little hectic doing it all after the fair. I say that and I hardly did anything. Most of the planning and preparation was done my Maya's wonderful Momma.
Because of Maya's love of all dogs, Lezlie decided to go with that theme--dog plates, dog napkins, and pin-the-paw on the dog instead of pin-the-tail on the donkey. Lezlie made a very good brisket and Grandma Violet brought her famous potato salad. And, I think we had about 25 guests. I could definitely see how small our house really is.
Maya started opening her presents soon after lunch which is normally her naptime. But, she was determined to see and open everything. I'm not sure if she really has a favorite present. She is playing with them all equally well. She got a kitchen set, a tent/tunnel, a wheel-barrel/rake/broom for outside play, and many other things. I'm gonna have to start storing all her old stuff.
1 comment:
We all had a wounderful time. It was a great birthday party!
Post a Comment