A funny thing has happened over the past week. Maya has actually been very good. Not that she was bad before. I don't know what it is. Usually when we get home, she is very clingy...which is fine but it's hard to cook supper when you've got a baby crying with their arms and legs wrapped around your leg. She has also been responding to the word "no" a lot better. Before, she would flop on the floor and start kicking her legs. Now its as if she's starting to understand. Anyway, I hope this continues but I'm afraid it won't when the new baby gets here.
We finally had Maya's 2-year checkup. She was 50th percentile on height/weight which surprises us since everyone tells us she is so tall. A nurse came in and gave her a little test asking her to do a few things (jump, pick up a toy, show me your nose, etc.). She passed with flying colors once she finally figured out that she was talking to her. She was just so busy playing with the toys. We asked the doctor about her speech. She said that she should be using 2 word sentences. She has started to but it's still limited (big truck, help please, bye bye vinnie). And, it doesn't really come out like that. We have just learned her language and know what she means. The doctor attempted to do a hearing test but Maya was not cooperative. But, I'm not real worried about her hearing. She understands everything we tell her. I'm guessing she's just gonna be a mumbler like me.
The sleeping habits have been great for the past couple months. She no longer asks to go to bed like she did before. But, she doesn't put up a fight at all. And the best thing is that she stays asleep until morning. She has transferred her attachment from her binkie to her two stuffed dogs, Thurbert and Sporty. Thurbert is a wiener dog that I gave Lezlie a long time ago as a joke because she wanted one (a real one of course). Sporty is her first Build-A-Bear that she created at Branson this year. She loves them both equally and must have them both with her in bed, and sometimes for breakfast.
It's been awhile since I posted a clip. Here's one of the sibling rivalry.
1 comment:
What a great post! I loved the "sibling rivalry!" Hmmmm...does she have any idea what is coming her way very soon!?! Lezlie-I too wonder how it will be when there are two to love and care for...but I know it will only come naturally when the time comes. Congrats to Maya......I'm sure she will love being a "big sister!" and what an amazing family you two will have! I can't wait to meet him soon! We will be thinking of you all tomorrow and will say a little prayer for a smooth transition at home! Take care! Love you all!
Post a Comment