So, we continue to make progress on the speaking front. Maya continues to string more and more syllables together everyday. And, every so often, we catch some patterns and are able to figure out what she means. Here are some examples:
See-See = Sesame Street
Ba Boo = Thank you
Go = Leave me alone
I a you = I love you
Saw-Saw = applesauce
Up-peese = Up please
Bubba = Grandma Barb
It still cracks me up that she calls my Mom Bubba. But, we're trying to correct her on that one, and have her call her Minnie like the other cousins. I think she just gets a little confused having a Minnie and a Vinnie.
Another thing we have been struggling with lately is the fact that she has to have Daddy (me) do everything with her. As much as I enjoy the fact that she likes my company, I would also like to do something constructive. Like...say...go to the bathroom, vacuum the house, put laundry away, wash the dishes, etc. It seems like Lezlie gets the shaft since I'm forced to play with her in order to prevent a meltdown. As I type this, she's trying to shut the laptop monitor. Hopefully, this is just a phase. But I imagine I should count my blessings since she probably won't acknowledge my existence when she's 14.
On the good front, Maya is finally strong enough to open the basement door. So, she has begun to be a great helper when it comes to letting Vinnie in and out of the house. I just wonder how long it will take her to figure out that is actually a chore.
As some of you know, Ben has RSV. He had a cough for almost two weeks before he developed a fever and we took him to the doctor. So over the past week, we have been giving him breathing treatments. He's not a big fan if he's awake during them but they said that when he cries he actually get a better dose of the medicine. We have seen major improvements but he still coughs a little bit. But, by no means, is he having the coughing attacks like he was. We're praying that this does not turn into asthma. 30% of infants who get RSV develop asthma later in life. The doctor also said that colds/coughs will be more pronounced/hard on him for the next year or so.
That's all I got for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's so great to get an update! Give them both a big kiss from us ("Jazmyn especially"-per Jazmyn) We know the world of Breathing Treatments all to well, as Jaz has mild asthma. I pray that little Ben heals completely and doesnt develope it!
So, you know that Minnie is Minnie because of the same reason that she is almost Bubba. Josie just started yelling it across the restaurant one day and we figured out what she was talking about. Funny like that sometimes.
Sorry to hear about Ben being sick. Hope he feels better soon. Give them both hugs and kisses for us.
I get a smile on my face every time I think of Maya calling me Bubba. I think I should go out and get some Bubba teeth and head off to Branson and become a star in a show on the strip. I feel like her speech will improve as she gets older. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Ben contiues to get better and does not develop asthma.
Post a Comment