Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Another Year In The Bag

Oh, how I love to have some time off of work. I always tell myself that maybe I'll go into the office and catch up on some stuff. But, it never happens. That being said, we have stayed very busy.

On Christmas Eve Eve night, Lezlie and Maya decorated cookies. Lezlie's big thing is creating traditions with her babies. I can't say that Maya's cookies were the most beautiful, but it sure was fun to watch her focus so hard.

On Christmas Eve morning, we woke up to a bunch of gifts from Santa. It is just amazing how courteous Santa is with everyone's schedule. She got sticker books, Play-Doh, and Tickle-me-Elmo hands.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day was very crazy. In the past, it wasn't that big of deal. But since we now have to transport our 2 babies around, we tend to get more of a workout. All in all, we did 7 Christmas parties in 3 days. That makes me tired just talking about it. And if I remember correctly, Maya did not get one nap in the middle of all that. She caught a snooze here and there while driving from place to place. But if she was lucky, it was only a 10 minute nap.
There is no reason why a kid should have as many toys as Maya does. But, she loved every one of them. Her favorites were of course the puzzles. But, she loves her blocks (legos) too. The winner of the biggest surprise was a tie between the huge Raggedy Ann doll and the huge Tonka truck. Tonight, I made the mistake of putting her in the back of the Tonka truck and racing her around the basement. She just did not want to stop. But, she doesn't quite understand that Daddy gets winded very easily. After awhile, I had to fake a "boo-boo" in order to get out of the "racing of the trucks." I am such a mean person.This year, we hosted a New Years party. Lets just say we can't party like we used to. At one point in time, I think all four babies were either crying or whining. By the end of the night, we figured out that Maya had a fever. She had been more irritable than normal that day but Momma and Dadda just couldn't put 2 and 2 together. So, she ended up being the first to bed. We did manage to get the rest asleep. But, Ben woke up just as the ball was dropping. I guess he just had to see Dick Clark:)
Monday was supposed to be Ben's first day in day care but he decided to play hooky. Actually, he had a fever, a runny nose, and pink-eye. Since Lezlie has no vacation or sick left, it was time for Daddy to spoil the baby. I took him to the doctor worried that he had an ear infection but luckily nothing of the sort was found. I'm sure Dr. Rosenbloom just laughs when we come in for simple things like these. But, I guess if we didn't, he could get even sicker. Better safe than sorry, right? He was still fussy on Tuesday so he stayed home again with me. But, he soon started acting normal again and drinking a full bottle.

On Wednesday, he finally made it to day care. Its gonna be a little tougher hauling both kids there but it wasn't as bad as I thought. However, Maya did pull the limp leg trick as I tried to drag her to the car. Ms. Laura said he was a good boy and hardly made a peep. But, they did seem to wear him out because he only woke up once at night. Let's just hope those kind of nights become normal.

No comments: