Today, Maya officially transitioned to the 3-4 year old room. For the past month, Maya has really been resisting going to school. And, I think it was because all the big kids that she knew well had already been moved up. When she starting doing partial days in the big kid room, they said it went so well, they would make the official transition sooner. So, we'll see how things go. One of the teachers had been Maya's teacher before in the 2-3 year old room, and she once whispered to me that Maya was her favorite. Again, I'm sure they tell all the parents that, but hey, I'm gonna believe every word they say.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
All Good Things Come to an End
Two weeks ago, Laura (Ben's teacher) notified us that she was quitting. She and her husband were moving and she had found a job closer to home. The funny thing is that 2 1/2 years ago, we were so nervous leaving Maya with a complete stranger. But, we were so blessed to have Laura help raise both of our kids. She spoiled them both, but also always kept us up to speed with their development. She wrote a letter to Ben saying that he was her favorite, but I'm sure all the kids' letters said that. But, it sure makes us feel good.
We had a little problem at day care with the interim teacher, but that has been resolved. And fortunately, Ben's next teacher starting when he turns 1 will be Jennifer, who helped Laura in the nursery with both Maya and Ben. When we heard that, Lezlie and I were very happy.
Today, Maya officially transitioned to the 3-4 year old room. For the past month, Maya has really been resisting going to school. And, I think it was because all the big kids that she knew well had already been moved up. When she starting doing partial days in the big kid room, they said it went so well, they would make the official transition sooner. So, we'll see how things go. One of the teachers had been Maya's teacher before in the 2-3 year old room, and she once whispered to me that Maya was her favorite. Again, I'm sure they tell all the parents that, but hey, I'm gonna believe every word they say.
Today, Maya officially transitioned to the 3-4 year old room. For the past month, Maya has really been resisting going to school. And, I think it was because all the big kids that she knew well had already been moved up. When she starting doing partial days in the big kid room, they said it went so well, they would make the official transition sooner. So, we'll see how things go. One of the teachers had been Maya's teacher before in the 2-3 year old room, and she once whispered to me that Maya was her favorite. Again, I'm sure they tell all the parents that, but hey, I'm gonna believe every word they say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment