.JPG)
This year, Lezlie and I didn't have the vacation time we had in years past, so we were only able to stay in Rockaway for 3 nights. But, we still made the most of it. We kept telling Maya we were going to "Raway Bee" but she had no idea. I have a feeling she will remember next year, though. I think she has associated that place as the place where she can swing for 3 hours a day, swim in the pool another 3 hours, and play with her cousins the rest of the day.

Last year, Maya was a bit of a bear in the pool. She wanted to swim in the big pool, but didn't want any of us to touch her, not realizing if we didn't she'd quickly sink to the bottom. This year, we had a life-preserver. With that, she got real brave and started jumping into the pool. Then, she insisted we go to the deep end and jump off near the ladder. Then, I persuaded her to jump off of the diving platform. She loved it and did not want to stop. Of course, Daddy got wore out quickly but I was able to last.
Ben loved the pool too. He let everyone just pull him around in his floating device. He spent the rest of the time giggling at Maya. Mommy and Daddy especially appreciated all of the help everyone provided. When Ben would start squirming, he would just get passed off to the next person. Everyone kept commenting how big he was. Ya, like we didn't know that. But, after holding Macy, I had a greater appreciation.
We don't get too many opportunities for generational pictures so we had to take advantage in Rockaway. After thinking for a bit, I realized that Ben is the only 4th generation Heimsoth boy descending from Grandpa Lambert. It's hard to imagine but all the other grandkids either haven't had kids yet or have had all girls. That will soon change with Tim and Rebecca's boy, but for now, he's the only one.

Since, Rockaway, Ben's legs have been getting a lot stronger. He started by pulling himself up and he has recently just starting to stand up on his own, without any leverage or help. No steps yet alone but he did take a couple with his walker. So, I'm betting he will be walking in a few weeks.
1 comment:
Love that picture with Papa Lambert, and Papa Steve.
Post a Comment