Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ms. Piggy

Busy, busy, busy. That's what we've been. I don't understand how our parents did this parenting thing. And, we only have Maya. It seems like during the week it's always go, go, go. Once we get home, by the time we eat it's already 7pm. Then, 8 o'clock rolls around and Maya's ready for her bath. Then, it's eat again and then rock to sleep. Now, I'm not complaining. It just prevents me from updating this blog. So, here's what happened the past several days...

Saturday we went home to Cole Camp. We were a little worried about the trip home because Maya had just taken an hour and a half nap. But, she slept all the way home.Upon arriving, Jason and Susan were off to birthday parties so Maya didn't get home in time to play with her cousins. But, Sunday morning they got to fool around with each other. Jocelyn and Olivia sure are proud cousins. In years to come, I'm sure Maya is going to follow them around everywhere. It seems like she watched their every move.

On Sunday afternoon, Maya got to go to her first birthday party. It was Willa's 4th. Here, Maya was her nosy self--trying to bring everything in. She got to play a little pin the tail on the donkey. And, she was passed from one person to another. She doesn't seem to mind being passed around, though. To her, it's just a change of scenery.

On Monday, we finally got Maya all to ourself. We were worried that her schedule would be messed up but nothing of the sort. She was so wound up. I asked the girls at the daycare if they fed her Mountain Dew because I swear she kicked her legs for 30 minutes. But, she wore herself out and fell asleep by 8:30 and was off to bed.

Now, you're probably wondering why the title "Ms. Piggy." Well, on Tuesday, Lezlie fed her a bottle of sweet potatoes. She was still hungry so she fed her a little cereal. Still hungry, she fed her some bananas. After this, she drank 6 more ounces of formula in the next hour and a half. So, we think that she may be starting a growth spurt.

Today, I had the privilege of taking Maya to the doctor for her 6 month shots. The boss told me it was my turn. I was dreading it because Lezlie said it was so horrible hearing her scream. Well, it wasn't that bad. She took all four of them like a real trooper and only cried for a couple of minutes. I think I've learned a little trick. Consoling her doesn't really help that much. Diversion is the trick. She finally stopped crying when I started playing with the blinds in the doctors office. But, who knows how long simple things like that will take her mind off of something else?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Good grief--what a hungry girl!!! I love the picture of Maya and the girls. Well, I'd better go and make some birthday cakes :)