We have had a couple more firsts in the past week. Firstly, you can see that Maya got her first taste of real baby food--carrots. We thought she would resist the change but she kept opening up. I think she was just mesmerized by the pretty orange color. And the fact that she was able to get so messy. Lezlie tells me will started with other vegetables soon. She's the boss so I guess that's what we'll do.
Maya has also started to sit up on her own a lot better. You've gotta put pillows around her, though--in case she loses her balance. Just don't talk to her while she's sitting by herself. If you do, she's bound to laugh and fall over on her face.
Wednesday morning, one of her eyes were sealed shut again. So, we didn't quite get rid of the pink eye yet. Lezlie called in to the doctor to get more eye drops. This time, however, they gave us a cream. They told us just put the cream in the bottom of her eyelid and she will blink it in. This proves to be more difficult than what the doctors made it out to be. Basically, it takes two people--one to hold her head and the other to do the dirty work. I guess you could do it with one person if you had a vice and you clamped her head in it.
Her eyes are starting to look better but now she has a terrible cough and her voice is not her. Every time she coughs, she wimpers. It's a pretty sad sight. Luckily, Grandma H. is in town this weekend and helped out with the night shift. She does ok during the day, but after laying down for extended periods of time, she goes into coughing attacks. She slept half the night propped up with Grandma. We are heading to the doctor at 11am so I'll have more details later.
2 comments:
She is adorable with carrots all over her face. As I am reading this, Willa and I are eating carrot sticks, not quit so messing but she made up for it already in the mud puddles outside. Needless to say a bubble bath is in the near future.. See ya soon, Love Grammy
Hey you all have a very cute girl. this is my first comment so it will be short. P.S. I love your blog that way I can keep up with you all. Love Aunt Pam
Post a Comment