Saturday, April 26, 2008

Productive Week

It seems like I get a little more motivated now that the weather is nice. Either that or the memories of all of the stressful work on our basement is starting to wear off. On Sunday, Lezlie and I got some mulch, flowers, and plants on Sunday. On Wednesday, I took the day off and did the landscaping work. It's been awhile since I worked that hard. The next day, my entire body was sore. And, to top things off, I think I got poison ivy in the process. I don't think it's too bad but I got it on both my arms and one leg.

Today, we all went to Wal-Mart and Target to take a few of Maya's clothes back and also to get a few wedding gifts for the coming weekend. Maya was a good girl. She slept the entire time at the store and talked the entire drive home.

After that, I went and bought a new lawn mower since my old one was a piece of ... Mowed the lawn and then cleaned up the garage. It's amazing what you will find when cleaning out your garage. Someone gave me solar powered landscaping lights two Christmas' ago. Well, I'm proud to say, we've finally put them in our yard.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I'm sure you all just want to hear about Maya. Here she was this morning--happy as can be.


She has been making a lot of progress. She can now clap her hands. If you ever want to get her to smile, just clap your hands and yell "yeah!!" She has also been trying to mimic us waving. Not that well, but you can really tell she's thinking hard in there.

Crawling isn't too far away, either. If you sit her up, she will put her hands on the floor but she often has trouble getting one leg out from underneath her so she can go forward. She can do it. But, I don't know what to do because she's not strong enough to hold herself up yet. So, she will just fall on her face. It's one of those things that you don't want to help her with but you don't want her to give herself a black eye, either.

Standing on her own is another thing she is trying. That is, by pulling herself up with something. You could always grab her hands and she would start to push up with her legs. But now if you simply sit by her, she will grab your shirt and start pulling. She can't quite get there yet, though.

Along with all these achievements comes attitude. I get emails from Gerber telling me what she should be doing each month. Well, this month it said "she may start to get mad when you take her toys away." Well, sure enough, that's what's starting to happen. Of course, her favorite toys are the remotes, the camera, and the laptop. Maybe if I let her play with my laptop and she breaks it, I can get a new one...

1 comment:

Susan said...

We miss you all this weekend. The girls have been soaking up the attention though. Post some pictures of your yard--can't wait to see all the hard work! Maya is really taking off. What a CUTIE!!!! Give her big hugs and kisses for us.