Brandon is always fussing at me because I never write anything on our blog. So...I thought that I would update everyone on our long holiday weekend. Friday afternoon Steve and Barb came up and that evening we went to watch Bridgeton's firework display. They were awesome, we all really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I missed Maya's very first reaction because I was in line to use the bathroom :( But apparently, she was not scared at all and just looked around until she finally spotted the source of all of the noise. From then on, she just looked in awe or perhaps she was so tired that she was just in a daze (it was well past her bed time). Either way she sat quietly and was a very good girl.
On Saturday morning Jason, Josie and Olivia came up to spend the day with us. I couldn't believe how tall both of the girls have gotten since the last time we saw them!! For lunch we went to Chuck E. Cheeses. I'm not sure who had more fun playing the arcade games, Brandon or Josie???? With their combined tickets, Josie picked out some colorful "gems" and treasure bag. After lunch we came back to the house to relax for a while. We were hoping that Maya would take a nap to prepare for her late night. But no luck, she just wanted to play. However, Olivia took a really good nap.
Then that evening, we went to St. Charles where they had a carnival and an even better fire works display. Again, Maya did really well and wasn't scared at all. I think my favorite part of the evening was watching Olivia's reaction to the fire works. She kept asking "Lezlie, what's happening?" and saying "Wooo Whooo" after every burst. It was pretty darn cute!
Well, that's it in a nut shell. Our weekend was jam-packed but we had an such a good time. It is always nice when we have our family come to see us, thanks for coming everyone! We will see you in a couple of weeks!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We really ejyoyed the weekend too!
Hope it doesn't take to long to get Maya on a schedule again.
Love, Minnie
Post a Comment