Well, it's New Year's Eve so I thought I'd finally get out some Christmas pix.
On Christmas Eve Eve, Lezlie made some cookies for Santa. Her recipe is a little different. It includes the usual ingredients--flour, sugar, chocolate. But instead of cooking them for 8-10 minutes, try keeping them in the oven for an hour or so. I hope Santa liked them.

Lezlie decided that we would start a new tradition of getting new PJs the night before we open gifts. Since Maya has no concept of time, we were able to trick her into thinking Christmas Eve morning was actually Christmas morning. She was quite interested in all the boxes but I don't think she's got the hang of it yet. She spent most of her time climbing on them.

Now, I always told myself that I'd never push things on our kids but I couldn't resist. I saw a small basketball goal at Target and knew that she had to have it. She's already got a goal in the bathtub but I thought she'd enjoy one for the basement too. Maya knows that you put things through the basket but sometimes she tries to put shoes through it.

On Christmas Eve, we made the trip down to Cole Camp. Here Maya got to play with all of our cousins. It's amazing how she lights up when she's around other kids. She also got to meet a new cousin--Cody. She was very excited when she saw him, repeatedly doing the "two-handed" wave and saying "eye!!...eye!!". We're guessing that means hi. She never tried to grab at him which is entirely different from how she treats Vinnie--sitting on him, grabbing his tongue, etc.
We were all very nervous how Vinnie would treat Cody. It was David vs. Goliath...1 lb vs. 90 lbs. It was an interesting ticket but it turned out to be a bust. Vinnie was curious but only sniffed at him and quickly retreated when Cody did his hop. He sure is a cute one.

Well, it was a very enjoyable Christmas break but I'm ready to go back to work. Did I say that? Ya, right. I'm dreading the day. It will take a bit to get back into the swing of things, that's for sure. I'll leave you with a couple more pics. Have a happy new year!

1 comment:
I bet Santa loved your cookies!! Jazmyn has burnt some before and he still ate them all up! Loved seeing the pictures of Maya's Christmas! She is growing up so fast! She is so beautiful!!! Let us know when you are going to be home again. Love ya, KIM
Post a Comment