Saturday, October 17, 2009

Benjamin Andrew

His name is Benjamin Andrew. We will call him Ben. Maya calls him baby. He was born on October 6, 2009 at 11:46 by C-section. He weighed 7 lbs 1 oz and was 20.5 inches long. He was welcomed by both Grandmas, Grandpa Heimsoth, and Aunt Jackie. So let's just say he didn't spend too much time not being held by someone.

We spent 3 nights at the hospital while my Mom watched Maya. It seemed like Lezlie started recovering faster this time around, having not been in labor for 20 hours like she did with Maya. However, it was still a C-section so there was still a lot of pain. I'm saying that like I went through it. I must admit, I have all the respect in the world for someone who's not only having my baby, but also is willing to go through a surgery like that to have him.

So far, he is very healthy and good baby. He spent a lot of the first few weeks sleeping. We thought he was the best baby in the world. But since then, he's started to fuss a bit more. Like every baby, he loves to be held. But, he is beginning to really hate laying on his back. We're thinking he has some sort of reflux since he often chokes up while on his back. I guess we'll find out when he goes for his 1 month checkup next week.

I ended up taking 3 weeks off of work. After that, Grandma Leisha came up for a week. So, Lezlie had a total of 4 weeks of help. We enjoyed all of the visitors. But I believe Maya enjoyed all of the visitors even more. Every time we said someone is coming, she started screaming and jumping for joy. I was beginning to think she was totally bored with us.

Everyone has been asking us how Maya has taken to Ben. This is something we were worried about. Every morning she asks to see baby and she gives him a big smile. No real jealousy yet but she still needs attention like she always had...which is fine by us.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to take Ben out with us Trick-or-Treating. It was just too cold. But Maya definitely enjoyed it. At first, I don't think she had any idea what was going on. But she soon found out that everyone was giving her suckers. Before the night was over, she was putting her greedy little hands in the buckets herself.
Lezlie ended up dressing Ben up a couple days later and taking his picture. But, we didn't get a picture of our two little monkeys together. We may have to do that.

I'll try and do better on the updates. Otherwise, just log onto facebook for updated pictures. I've included more there, but you have to be at least a friend of one of my friends. Here's the link.

Hospital
First month

BTW, thank you all for the gifts, cards, facebook messages, and home/hospital visits. Because we don't often get visitors, that is something Lezlie and I thoroughly enjoy.

1 comment:

Minnie said...

What a cute little smile Ben has on his face. Maya's costume was adorable.