Next, we raced back home to Cole Camp for our friend Kelly's wedding. Here she sat with Grammy and gawked at a boy sitting in the pew in front of us. It's amazing how kids are fascinated with each other.
There has been a lot of progress with Maya "getting around." She is really trying to crawl and pull herself up. I think she could get across the room but only by scooting. Also, we are proud to say that can say both "Mama" and "Dada." What is funny is that she only says "Mama" when she's crying. My friend Joelle said that this is only because mama is the one her comforts her and I'm only her "play" buddy. But, I guess I'm ok with that. Now, I know what you're thinking. She's just blabbing and "Mama" and "Dada" comes out. However, yesterday, I got home and when Maya first saw me, she immediately said "Dada." I'm telling you--she's a pretty smart cookie. I just wish I had got it on video.
Anyway, I've attached a few pictures from the weekend. I'd talk more but Vinnie keeps trying to give Maya a bath.
1 comment:
We were so glad you stopped by on Sunday--it was great to see you (even if we scared poor Maya at first!). I will vouch for you--she very clearly said 'mama' (while crying!) and 'dada'. What a sweetie.
Post a Comment