My first Mother's Day was absolutely great. This morning, Brandon got breakfast for us while I snuggled in bed with Maya. When he returned, I went into the kitchen where I was surprised with a pair of diamond earrings!!! We then lounged around for a while and went to church. I feel like all we did for the rest of the day is eat. We had a big lunch, BBQ for supper and then pie. Everything was delicious and the best part is, I didn't have to cook any of it! Brandon did a wonderful job at spoiling me today!
Maya had a good day today as well. She is really getting mobile. She gets on her hands and knees, rocks back and forth and then sits back up. She does this over and over until she eventually inches her way to where ever it is she wants to go (which is usually towards Vinnie). I know that it is just a matter of days until she is crawling.
This past week went well also. On Thursday, Maya and I went to our first tea party. Her daycare hosted it in honor of Mother's Day. Luckily, I had off of work (it was Truman Day) so I was able to go. There were just a couple of other moms there from her class room and we all sat around talking and comparing babies. It was nice getting to know them and it was really nice getting to know her teachers better. Other than that, the rest of the week was pretty routine. We are looking forward to going home again this coming weekend. Between the two of us we have 6 graduations and an 18th birthday to celebrate. It might be a whirl-wind of a weekend!
Lezlie
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy First Mother's Day!!! It was great seeing you all after the wedding, even though it was brief!!! Miss you all!!
~Jessica & Baby Holland
Post a Comment