Maya must like our doctor because she's always going to him. Last Wednesday, I picked her up from the day care and she had a lot of goop coming out of her left eye. The next day, I had to pry open because it had sealed shut. And, her right eye was beginning to squint a little bit.
So, since Lezlie had meetings on Thursday, I played Mr. Mom and took her to the doctor. They were able to get us in pretty early (9:30) and we were in and out in 15 minutes. Conclusion--conjunctivitis. Or, for the people in my family who aren't nurses--pink eye. Dr. Davis looked for some eye drop samples but was unable to find any so he had to write a prescription. What shocked me is that the sticker price for the drops were $60-70. And the bottle isn't even as big as the tip of my thumb. Maya doesn't think too much of the eye drops. The little turd is too smart--she just closes her eyes. And, since Lezlie can't stand to see her in pain, it is my job to pry her eyes open and pour the drops in. Luckily, she has a short memory and forgives me in less than a minute.
The doctor said she could go back to day care on Friday, but Lezlie stayed at home with her just in case. I think she was just jealous I got to spend an entire day with her alone.
2 comments:
The joys of day care. The kids share everything. When Reece had it about 5 years ago I actually had to sit on him with his hands by his side to get the drops in. He got even though I ended up getting pinkeye also. Not fun!!!
Lois
I'm glad Maya is getting over her pink eye--- right now I am getting a lesson from Kinna on how to send a comment ---I guess you are never too old to learn something new!!! Grammy
Post a Comment